Mindojo, a developer of intelligent educational technology, in partnership with Bloomberg LP and The Economist, is seeking an Educational Socratic Dialogue Writer to expand our library of adaptive online course content.
Our existing prep courses for the CFA, GMAT, and GRE exams have quickly become popular, as they are the most powerful online prep options in their respective markets. As our system adapts learning assets to each student’s learning behaviors, reinforces strengths, and targets their weaknesses through personalized practice, students not only benefit from time-efficient learning methodologies but also improved performance on tests.
As an Educational Socratic Dialogue Writer, you will construct choose-your-own-adventure lessons in the form of Socratic dialogues that cover various topics targeted for courses for higher education, professional certification, and other test prep. You are not expected to have prior knowledge of these topics but rather will rely on subject matter experts as references for developing original, interactive content.
More specifically, you will:
- Utilize your dialogue writing expertise to ensure that the lessons feel like a natural and cohesive conversation;
- Develop interactive learning content in collaboration with a brilliant team of professional content developers who share a passion for teaching;
- Maintain the Mindojo style through peer-review, providing and receiving constructive feedback to ensure the highest quality content.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- Demonstrated expertise in dialogue writing for audio, screen, or theater; fluency with Socratic questioning is a strong plus.
- Strong academic credentials and a passion for learning new topics across many disciplines; degree in education or related subject is a plus.
- An ability to explain concepts clearly and tailor information for the applicable target audience.
- Ability to be creative and flexible in course content development.
- Keen eye for details and strong organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- An ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Native English speaker with strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to commit to at least 25 hrs/week (35+ hrs preferred).
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- Various promotion opportunities within the content development department based on performance.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.