Join our Adventure
We’re embarking on a new adventure, and we need an experienced manager to craft our go-to-market strategy
We’ve got an exciting journey ahead of us… Our purpose is to provide research-based, life-changing personal nutrition and lifestyle coaching for everyone. We do that by providing health and wellness professionals with the coaching, education, and tools they need to help clients achieve deep health.
Over the next 10 years, Precision Nutrition will be expanding its world-class coaching services into a wide range of new products and markets.
To help us reach our goals and keep us moving forward, we need a multi-talented product marketing leader who knows how to craft a marketing strategy that differentiates Precision Nutrition and helps us meet our sales goals.
Who we’re looking for
- An innovative leader who can steer a cross-functional team
- You’re passionate about improving people’s health. At the end of the day, our goal is to help people become healthier. Like us, you’re as passionate about telling stories as you are inspiring people to live their best lives.
- You’re innovative and customer-oriented. You’ve always been curious about what makes people tick. Gaining a deep understanding of your customers drives you to develop innovative marketing solutions that help consumers to solve problems—to make the progress they need to, while addressing the anxieties that might be holding them back.
- You’re results-driven and have a strong bias for action. You get energized by developing marketing plans that drive customer growth, and you excel at understanding and optimizing the end-to-end customer journeys that excite and drive action. You’re excited by startup agility and able to achieve results through ambiguity. You excel at knowing how to prioritize, adapt quickly when the scope changes—because it often will—and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. You can hold the team accountable to get ‘er done on schedule.
- You’re a confident decision maker. Since you’ll be collaborating with people across the organization, you’ll be taking in a lot of competing input and synthesizing that into a specific course of action. You aren’t afraid to take on the authority and accountability needed to make a decision and drive the plan forward in the way you think will have the biggest effect. You don’t water down the plan to please everyone.
- You’re a motivating, team-oriented, people person. Let’s face it, in order to get other people to execute on your projects, you must be able to easily build relationships and credibility. You earn and give respect so that you can work with others to generate top-notch sales and marketing plans. Oh, and since you get to do all of this remotely, from the comfort of your home, and you won’t be going into an office every day to wrangle the team—so your people and leadership skills are truly first class.
- You know how to zoom in and zoom out. You can navigate between the big picture and small details. You are able to understand the overall strategy of a marketing campaign and identify all of the small details required to execute it.
- You know how to communicate and coordinate. You know how to say it, write it and present it in both layman’s terms and a bit more formally if needed. You know how to be heard and energize people around you, whether you’re “managing up” or “managing down”.
What you’ll be doing
Deeply understanding our customers and the industry
Your mission is simple: gain a deep understanding of our customers, our products, and our industry to understand where our strongest value proposition lies. That includes:
- Learning about our customers. You’ll speak with customers on a regular basis to understand them, their goals, and their anxieties. You’ll outline our most attractive customer audiences and segments, and manage the resulting customer case study program and database.
- Understanding the industry and market. You’ll become a part of the fitness and nutrition community, regularly participating in industry events, engaging with industry experts, and understanding our competitors.
- Getting to know our product. You’ll regularly collaborate with our product team so you know our offerings backwards and forwards, and how we compare to other products in the space.
- Staying Up to Date. You’ll create industry, market, and competitive assessments, keeping them up to date over time.
- Steering the direction of our product marketing efforts
You’ll develop the sales and marketing plans to drive sales for our nutrition certification and education products. That means:
- Developing the go-to-market strategy and product positioning. You’ll develop the marketing strategy that achieves customer acquisition, retention and lifetime value goals.You’ll outline product positioning and work with amazing storytellers to craft compelling messaging to promote our products across different platforms—including advertisements, paid search, social media, and others.
- Create customer journeys that engage and convert. You’ll partner with the product team and storytellers to craft compelling end-to-end prospect and customer journeys that impact lives and generate new sales and retain and grow our community.
- Outlining product pricing and promotions. You’ll develop recommendations for optimal pricing models and develop breakthrough promotion recommendations to attract new customers.
- Communicating your strategy. You’ll be responsible for sharing your priorities, timelines, and resource requirements to the necessary departments.